Discover the beauty of the Sapa in on a 2-day (3-night) trekking tour. Immerse yourself in the everyday lives of the hill tribes, meeting H’Mong, Black H’Mong, Red Dzao, Tay and Dzay minority people
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
Check availability to see starting times.
- Learn about Vietnam’s diverse ethnic minority cultures from your experienced guide and the people you meet in villages along the trek
- Meet members of the H'Mong, Black H'Mong, Red Dzao and other minority peoples
- Learn about traditional lifestyles among the rice terraces of the Hoang Lien Son mountains
- Travel from Hanoi on board an air-conditioned sleeper train
- Enjoy sweeping views of verdant rice fields and forests
Experience an authentic, timeless way of life among the hill tribes of the Hoang Lien Son mountains on a package tour of 3 nights - 2 days tour to Sapa, traveling on the overnight sleeper train from Hanoi. Options with savings for a shared cabin for 4 persons or a luxury private cabin for 2 persons. Take treks along old buffalo tracks, and get eye-catching views of the terraced rice fields. Encounter friendly locals in scattered villages, and learn more about a lifestyle that the everyday stresses of modern life has yet to touch.
Day 1: Hanoi - Lao Cai
Transfer from Hanoi on the overnight sleeper train to Lao Cai.
21:00 Meet at Train Station - 120 Le Duan, Hanoi for train ticket boarding. Train leave at 22:00.
Relax on board the air-conditioned train (4 beds in 1 cabin. A private option is available), and arrive refreshed at approximately 6:00 AM the next morning.
Day 2: Lao Cai - Sapa - Cat Cat - Sapa (Breakfast/Lunch)
Following a pick-up from Lao Cai Station on arrival, transfer to Sa Pa on the dramatic mountain roads of the Hoang Lien Son range. Check into your hotel (Sapa Legend Hotel) on arrival in Sapa town center, and freshen up before breakfast. Then, start a walking tour to the hill tribe village of Cat Cat, home of the H'Mong minority people. Discover H’Mong villages nestled in the valley, and meet some of the hill tribes going about their daily lives. Learn about their traditional cultures and meet local families. Return to your hotel in Sapa for your overnight stay.
Day 3: Sapa - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Giang Ta Chai - Sapa - Lao Cai (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Following breakfast at your hotel, embark on a lovely trek along the buffalo trails of the surrounding hills. Pass several tribal villages, including Lao Chai and Ta Van, home to the Black H'Mong and Dzay minority peoples. Marvel at the spectacular scenery, inhabited by some of the friendliest people you can ever meet. Once on the valley floor, appreciate the beauty of the surrounding valley, walled by the multi-layered rice terraces and scattered villages. Return to Sapa to have dinner. Free time walking around the city centre a while before transfer to Lao Cai Railway Station for the return train ride to Hanoi.
Tour services end at Hanoi Train Station, from where you can easily catch a taxi to hotels in the Old Quater.
- Accommodation in 3-star hotel in Sapa (Roxana Hotel)
- Return train tickets Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi (air-conditioned soft sleeper cabin)
- Local English-speaking guide
- Transfers by air-conditioned car
- Meals as per the above program (Hotel Restaurant or Local restaurant)
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities and personal expenses
- Extra nights spent in the accommodation after the tour
- Late checkout (available for an extra fee to be paid at the reception)
Not suitable for:
people with back problems
Meeting for ticket exchange at Hanoi Train station for ticket boarding: 20:30. Check in Train cabin at 21:00 at 120 Le Duan, Hanoi. Upon arrival, move to the Elevator and go to the 2nd floor, proceeding to gate 2B. Finish at the train station at the last day. You could take taxi to your hotel by yourself
- What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Head covering or kippah
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- Please provide details of your hotel in Hanoi for the pick-up service
- Please provide your full name and the room number of the hotel you checked out of in Hanoi
- A representative will collect you from your hotel at least 1.5 hours before the scheduled train departure; please be in the lobby by 8 PM ready to depart.
- Please bring warm clothes, especially between November and March, along with trekking shoes and a raincoat
- Please note, early check-in is at 1 PM and check-out at 12 PM (this is the latest available check-out time)
- Please try not to travel with large luggage